This course is a practical introduction to the structure and requirements of the Homestar Certified Rating Tool. The Practitioner Pathway is for people who are interested in undertaking or assisting in the design or building of a Homestar project, but will not be compiling a formal rating submission themselves. The qualification will also suit those in advisory, commissioning or consulting roles who wish to have a comprehensive knowledge of the Homestar residential rating tool.
After completion of the course requirements you will receive:
- access to the Certified Manual and Tool
- access to the Homestar Practitioner logo
- an online certificate that you can link to, or embed in, online media
- listing on the NZGBC website’s Homestar Practitioner Directory
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- 27 February 2018
- NZGBC Office
- Level 2, Tower 1, 205 Queen Street
Price (exclusive of GST)
- $595.00 for members
- $845.00 for non-members
Homestar Practitioners are not able to submit projects for Design or Built Ratings. A Homestar Assessor is required for a Certified Rating. Homestar Practitioners can transfer their qualification to Homestar Assessor by attending day two of the Homestar Assessor training programme.
This course is targeted at design professionals, builders, site managers, sub-contractors, landscape designers, developers, project managers and others with an interest in residential sustainability.
- One day of classroom tuition
- After the course participants will be asked to complete an online assessment prior to receiving their qualification. This exam has a time limit of 2 hours and must be completed within 2 weeks of attending; please ensure that you have sufficient time available in your schedule to meet this timeframe.
Participants will be given an overview of the structure and principles behind the Homestar tool. They will review real drawings and specifications using the Certified Manual and will be asked to consider how a high Design or Built Homestar rating could be achieved.